Monday, January 30, 2017

I'm seeing stars!



Over Christmas, I got hooked on the gold foil paper from Stampin Up. At first, I thought it was going to be like tin foil. But, it's really more like a metallic paper stock.


Of course, I couldn't throw out the scraps that I had left over. It just so happens that I wanted to use my stars dies and the timing worked out perfectly.

I do like simple cards.

They come together so quickly, and in this case, with the glimmer of the foil, I think it looks pretty special.

This one, I versamarked and heat embossed the area behind "shine" with an image from the Penned and Painted stamp set. The "shine" is part of the "sunshine" die. Which happened by mistake, for the most part. One of my kiddos was "helping" me craft and -rip- goes my sunshine die. Well, I embrace those moments, truly, because they give rise to new creative ideas! Thus is the shine, thus comes the stars!

I didn't have a specific person in mind when I made it. This one is going into the pile for an "emergency" need - like quick graduation card, or to congrats someone on a promotion, or just to lift someone up.














I like to do my work in "batches". 

So, that means I never make just one card (ok ok, unless I'm in a hurry).

Since I had my stars framelits pulled out, I decided they would be a good candidate for a shaker card!

This was my first card like this, and as it turns out these are really really fun!

I put some gold glitter and iridescent seed beads in the cavity. The glitter stuck to my window sheets, and the seed beads look like bubbles. 

It wasn't my expected results, but I think it has a pretty need effect.

Just like the card above, I didn't have a specific need for this card. But I tried to make it general enough that it could be used for a Birthday, milestone, graduation, or just because!

For this card, use the same basic products above, along with the
Crazy About You stamp set and matching dies.











Just in case you need a little instruction on how to make these types of cards, check out this free tutorial:










Keep Learning, Keep Growing, Keep Sharing,

No comments:

Post a Comment